Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Our hearts unfold like flowers before Thee"

Springtime--I love this season. Our God loves us so well, doesn't He? I am even so blessed right now to have my roommate's computer for creating this blog, and internet with which to post a new article! [Our internet is goofy, and I no longer have a computer due to a break-in last Christmas! :( I know the Lord will provide the funds for a new one in His timing.]

Much is on my heart, but I mostly want to say "Welcome!" Please come and read anytime you like. I will post about my journey in support-raising for the Czech Republic and for an internship with Chi Alpha for next year. I hope to use this blog as a space to write incredible stories of God's work on the campus of Sam Houston State University, particularly with the most amazing international students I have ever met. I have been privileged this year to watch God move daily, with and without my help. I know He doesn't need me, but I believe He can and desires to use me... so what a joy it is, to serve God!

Why serve Him--?--we could go on and on about it, but it's simple for me. He has given me new life through His Son, Jesus. Over recent years throughout college and beyond, God has been weaving a beautiful story of my life--no thanks to me. I loved my sinful, selfish life, but He has picked me up and turned my life into a love song for Him! He "rescued [me] from the dominion of darkness, and transferred [me] into the kingdom of His Beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." (Colossians 1:13-14)

Please forgive any vagueness--I hope to become a better story-teller as I take lessons from my awesome Mom (well-known in our family as the teller of all funny family events!) Hopefully, Lord willing, I may meet with some of you and share first-hand what God is up to, so that you may be encouraged!

God laid these words on my heart at church this Sunday--"Come with Me." I don't think they are only for me. I believe they are for you, too. Will you come with me on this journey of sharing God's Love to the nations?

On that same Sunday, just a few days ago, I was blessed to have a picture in my mind of God's Hands' Work. I saw a lovely small garden, with many beautiful and simple flowers of different colors. They were healthy and vibrant!--each with a leafy green stalk, planted in lush, fertile soil. I realize as I type that maybe this vision is for you. What I saw was Hands digging and moving the dirt. There was a larger cluster of flowers, but further off were many scattered flowers of the same kind. The Hands were gently churning and preparing the dirt so that the scattered flowers might come in to be planted with the larger group of flowers. I cry as I type this because I really believe God gave me this vision for you. Will you join His Kingdom work? You are healthy as you are, and you are doing well. Will you come with me? There are many of us at SHSU's Chi Alpha who are preparing for mission trips, internships, and long-term missions overseas. I welcome you to be a part of what God is doing through us--so that He may work through you as well! You are every bit a part of this journey as you give financially and intercede for us before God.

"Come with Me."

No comments:

Post a Comment