Sunday, May 1, 2011

Dusty Already?

Even though this web-page is so bright and pretty clean, it seems dusty each time I look at it! My opportunities for a good post are few and far between. I want to post a note about progress in support raising for our trip to the Czech Republic! My personal budget for the trip has been fully raised, thanks to many generous givers! However, members of my team are still in need! If you would like to give a PayPal donation to any of them, this is a list of the names of all members on our team; and, for prayer purposes and personality, a quick note of some special roles on the team:
Evan Kahlich - our trip leader
Joseph Cleveland
Michael Cleveland - worship leader (guitar & singing)
James Jackson -
Krys Scroggins - looking to go long-term with his family to serve in Prague
Sarah Miller

We just had a really great Bazaar at the Chi Alpha House on Saturday! Tons of students came out with creations of all kinds to sell supporting their mission trips. I sold some fun paintings and various crafts, and Joseph sold some bookshelves he's been making! (Comment or email if you're interested in one!) Other students sold things like salsa, hand-decorated birdhouses, jewelry, mugs, even a full-length music album one student made! James from our team stood by the road with signs pointing to our Craft Fair, but we had competition with the city's annual Folk Festival. It was Chi Alpha's first time to host such an event, and while it was a blast, I know next year's will be even more awesome!

The Lord's been doing some pretty great things for me personally lately, and I pray the same for you! Remember no matter where you are physically, spiritually, emotionally--God is so very close to you. Sometimes it's hard to look upon His Face, but that's exactly why Jesus came for us, and there will be a day when we may see Him clearly if we but trust in him.

I thank you for your support and your prayers--they mean more than you know, as this is a very real spiritual war we are in.

I'm working on some thoughts that I'd like to post--so check back in the next couple weeks!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment