Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Return of His Presence

In a great way today and this weekend, my heart cannot stop singing--with no chords and no lyrics--that my Love has returned to me!


We esteemed Him not...
Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering...

"...today you will be with me..."

At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split...“Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” ...He breathed his last.

very early in the morning..."Why do you look for the living among the dead?"

Peter...got up and ran to the tomb. Bending over, he saw the strips of linen lying by themselves, and he went away, wondering to himself what had happened.

It is true!

Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”

When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted.

They asked each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?”

"Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”

Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.

"I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven.

“‘In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people...
Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days...
And everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved...

"You have made known to me the paths of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence.’"

No comments:

Post a Comment