Monday, October 8, 2012

Autumn Harvest: Praise the Lord for Great Beginnings

Leaders

(This isn't even everyone!)  
But here is the best picture I could find of our 2012-2013 Small group LEADERS!  
This picture is from our leaders' retreat, just before the school year began.


Welcome Party was super-hero inspired!  
This is Collin, a first-year intern advertising for our party on campus on the first day of school.  About 500 students attended!  

Some find it hard to believe that "Chi Alpha" isn't a fraternity and that we don't have alcohol at our parties.  Who are we?  We are absolutely committed to seeking and knowing Jesus together.  Being "all things to all men" that we might save some. 


Resource Group...

Pictured L-R:  Nina, Soso, Stacey, Sultana, Catie, Sarah, me, Jessica, Shobi, Shaylin, Dana

God gives so many unique methods for ministry!  Here are some pictures of our small group leaders doing what they do best--making friends with the hope it will be meaningful.


Catie

Catie met new students this summer through being a counselor at Bearkat Camp!



Sultana

Sultana and I have had some hilarious times with girls studying from China...
Can you see the star??

 

Stacey

Stacey went to a huge girls' game night 


Soso

Soso had a surprise birthday party at midnight for one of her new friends!!
Pictured L-R: Shaylin, Sarah, Abby, Jennifer, Soso, Esther, Danielle, & Ruth


Nina

Nina and some of her crew. :)  
Pictured L-R: (top: Kaykay, Jacque, Brittany/bottom: Crystal, Melody, Nina, & Alissa)


Brittany, Kaykay, Nina, Jacque


Dana

Heather, Dana, & Dulce @ Jessica's 80's themed birthday party! :)


Jessica

"Battle of the Pineywoods" football game!  (SHSU vs. SFA!)
Jessica, Rachel, & Amanda


Shobi

Shobi, Eunna, & me at Texas Night!


Shaylin

Superhero Party!
Shaylin, Haley, Eunhye, & Frankie


My Co-leader Sarah

I met Sarah when I first moved to Huntsville, so we've known each other for 3 years.
This picture was taken in the Czech Republic last summer--we were the only 2 girls on the team, so we really got to know each other!  Us leading together this year is totally a God-thing.  We also share our yards--she lives in the house next to me!  She is a well-seasoned leader and gets married this December.  I am so grateful for her heart in discipling these girls!


After Chi Alpha... Thursday nights at Whataburger!

Chi Alpha students tend to take-over the local Whataburger after Chi Alpha service each Thursday... :)


Breakaway Retreat!





What an awesome beginning to the school year!  
God is so good. :)

And we have so much more to look forward to.


I am constantly reminded to just pray.  There is nothing higher or better I can do for my friends.  


And there is nothing better I can pray for a friend than that they become more like Jesus.  I learned from Andrew Murray's book With Christ in the School of Prayer, that "there is nothing higher you can say about God or man than that he is Christlike."  I love this truth!  It has stirred me this month.  I hope it stirs you too.  Jesus is so worthy of our lives.


So let's press on!


More to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment