Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Road to the Czech Republic

HELLO!
Well, this is really happening:

Coat of Arms for the city of Olomouç, Czech Republic
See the map below for the relation of where it is in Europe:



I am kind of in awe of God's Hand and my prayers that are being answered.  I won't elaborate much, but I think the enemy is at work as well to slow down this process - (just me feeling like I may get sick/being sluggish from allergies) - the LORD is Victor.  It would take me too many words to process this whole year and why it took months to get my Missionary Associate application in to AGWM, but at the base of it, I was struggling with fear on many levels.  The LORD is Victor there as well.  As we close the school year, I'll be taking time out to take note of what God has really done in me over the course of my time here.  It wasn't easy, but I am grateful.

Last Tuesday 4/22/14
- I submitted my application as an MA for the Czech through wideopenmissions.org;
- Jenn & Steve Cuttino received an e-mail from Deanne Turley (with AGWM Missions) saying that if the Scroggins' and I hurry with paperwork, we may be able to make June PFO (Pre-Field Orientation).  This is almost unheard of in this kind of timing.  My specific prayer for months has been "Lord, you've been with me this whole time; please accelerate this process so I can make it to June PFO.  If I must go in October, I trust You."  I'm just thanking the Lord for this possibility.

Last Wednesday 4/23/14
- I received a confirmation/next steps e-mail from AGWM personnel;
- I talked with Roger Bailey (STX missions director) at South Texas District Council - received verbal affirmation in regards to my application.

Monday 4/28/14
- Sent in my references to AGWM

Next Steps
- Write Personal History Paper (maximum of 10 pages) - Contains specific directions;
- Send in various signed documents;
- Waiting on confirmation of received references.

Future (tentative) 6/7-6/20/14 -OR- 10/10-10/18/14
- Pre-Field Orientation

Throughout the months of May until my Leave-Date
- Build up Support Team

I would love to leave in the Fall.  It would be incredible if I could leave in the EARLY portion of Fall.  However, I just want to be realistic.  I know that support-raising is a big task, but I trust Jesus.  He has met every need of mine for 24 years under the covering of my parents, and for 3 years as a full-time missionary.  He is my most Trustworthy Friend!  

This is how I thought I felt ... until I actually watched the clip again and realized her situation is uhh... more dramatic than mine. :)

But I do have those mixed feelings - I'm so excited & I'm so scared!  But my being scared is SO FAR superseded by an incredibly worthy King, One Who sees my needs and meets them all.

Czech, here we come! May the Lamb that was slain receive the reward for His suffering!


Love, Lisa

1 comment:

  1. I heard it through the 'grapevine' that you're 'already in the system' & that
    PFO is June 8 to 19.

    ReplyDelete